Monday, January 19, 2009

Rant; SpinRite, BootCamp, and Vista

My Vista experiences have been filled with four letter adjectives to describe my frustrations of it. With that tidbit out of the way, I tried to get SpinRite 6.0 working on my MacPro but I kept running into 2 problems. When I went to burn an iso cd-r of it so I could boot of it... Vista would just throw a shit fit by freezing or it would try to format the cd... After couple minutes of repeated Vista cd burning Adventures I tried the other SpinRite Method of installing it to my thumb drive and boot off of that. SpinRite mentions that it has to have the motherboard correctly set to boot of a usb thumb drive. On a mac to choose what drive to boot off of you can hold the option key down and find a selection of bootable sources available to you. That didn't work and I ran out of time, to read the SpinRite forums, research iso cd burning in windows, and setting mother board bios for bootcamp to allow thumb drive booting support.
When I get the chance I'll figure it out, or if anyone has had experience and or solutions please leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment